4.05.2007

Matsuzaka Mania about to go to a hoe...nuva...level

Boston (1-1) @ Kansas City (1-1)

Daisuke Matsuzaka (0-0) vs. Zack Grienke (0-0)

PREVIEW:
The time has come. The man, myth and mania that is Daisuke Matsuzaka takes the mound for the first time as a major league pitcher, and the eyes and ears of two nations will be watching and listening closely.

Well, except for those of us that got caught up in the Extra Innings/MLB fiasco. While I am thrilled that the two sides came to a resolution nearly a week after the possibilty of such a thing happeneing was deemed very remote, the transplanted Sox fan in me says "why the hell couldn't you guys get this thing done before Dice-K's debut!?" Is it ironic or tragic that the resolution came on the day I, and probably many RSN members, was about to plunk down the $20/month for MLB.com live feed?

Alas I will have to sidle up to my screen and catch the "live" gamecast on ESPN.com and try to imagine myself watching Dice-K and his funky motion, wide variety of pitches and devastating location baffle those poor Royals hitters all day long.

While I'm at it I might as well log onto "Amen Corner Live" since I can't watch the Masters either until 4:00. What the hell year is this again?!

Here we go Dice-K, here we go...here we go Dice-K, here we go!

No comments: