5.20.2007

Rain rain, go the fuck away!

Remember all the sunny optimism and "glass is half full" crap of my last post?

Well fahgeddaboudit, because now I'm really pissed off.

For the 4th time in the last 5 days a game is being affected by the non-stop shitstorm that has apparently stalled over the Northeast.

Why do I get this gut-wrenching feeling that it's part of some Spiderman III advertising campaign gone horribly wrong?

At any rate the rain is predicted to sweep through the Hub in the next hour or so and hopefully the teams can get the game in later this afternoon. But that still doesn't alleviate my outrage.

Yesterday was bad because I couldn't watch the first game due to blackout restrictions, but I still had my son's LL closing ceremonies and other outside activities to occupy my time. Last night I had the misfortune of being able to watch that debacle, but as soon as things got out of hand, the wife and I watched "Pan's Labyrinth" instead. Trippy good flick, BTW.

Today I had the social calendar all cleared and the couch in front of the HD set reserved for Red Sox baseball with Remy & Orsillo at 2:00PM, only to see the tarp on the field and that familiar misty-gray backdrop blanketing the Boston skyline.

Fuck I muttered to myself.

Then I looked outside and noticed it was 82 degrees and breezy and thought, oh well, I guess things could be worse.

See, living in Florida does turn you into an optimist.

No comments: