6.26.2007

Caution: Score not as close as it appears

Seattle 9, Sox 4

The Red Sox just put the finishing touches on a horrendous evening of baseball when Mike Lowell struck out looking at 1:31 am EST.

I've already had a day full of lengthy posts (one of which didn't publish properly-damn computers) and helping my son get ready for his trip up north to visit the Grandparents, so needless to say the last thing I want to do at 1:45 in the morning is recap this travesty of a game.

I'll just sum it up briefly before I head off to la la land for a few hours until I have to take my boy to the airport at 6:30 (arrgghhh!):

Tavarez (finally) got rocked, giving up six runs in 4 something innings and then Snyder lost all control when he walked in two batters. Timlin came on and nearly got the 300 treatment from an errant splintered bat, then proceeded to serve up consecutive big flys to the Mariners, the first time they've done that all season.

Youk made it respectable when he hit a two-run double with two out in the 9th, but even a couple of gritty runs couldn't cover the atrocity that took place in the city known for grunge.

Full report tomorrow. Good night.

Or, as my son always likes to say for some reason, "Good Morning!" (safe flight, Son)

No comments: