6.16.2007

On Vacation: Into the belly of the beast!

The Bloody Sock will be on hiatus for the next four days as I head to the Big Apple for my sister's nuptials.

That's right, this charter member of Red Sox Nation is heading into the lions den, and in the middle of another subway series, no less.

But the sis lives and works in the city as does her fiancee, plus my son & I are in the wedding, so there was really no getting around making the trip into hostile territory.

Plenty of pix and stories when I return. Hopefully the Sox will have swept the Giants by then, Bonds will be put out of action after Matsuzaka drills him in his ginourmous dome because doing so in his country is viewed as an honor, and Boston will already have taken a pair in Atlanta by the time I get back.

Hey, a guy can dream.

After all, I'm going to be visiting the city responsible for years of nightmares for the next few days!

Wish me luck, and best of luck to my sister, Melissa, and her hubby-to-be, Paul!

No comments: