6.23.2007

Game Preview: Sox @ San Diego GM2

Wakefield (7-7, 4.18) vs. Young (6-3, 2.26)
Petco Park 10EST

I don't have much time to go into detail about this game- I already predicted a Sox loss in my series preview anyway-because I am taking my son to the D-Rays game to see them take on the West Coast edition of the Red Sox, the LA Dodgers.

That's right it's going to be a veritable Bosox reunion with Nomah, D-Lowe and Slingblade Little livening up the Trop, and no, I won't try to hit Grady with a poison spear dart, so stop asking.

After last night's thrilling 2-1 Sox victory, Boston is due for a letdown when the erratic Wakefield takes on the man with third best ERA in the NL, Chris Young. Young is waiting to serve a five game suspension for brawling with the Cubs' Derrek Lee last weekend, so you know he'll be hungry to mow down some Sox batters before his departure.

Who knows, maybe he'll be ansty. Either way I'm sure the Rays will be getting blown out in plenty of time for me to get home for the start of the game.

I'll have a full report from the Rays game as well as a wrap up of tonight's Sox game later on this evening, or should I say tomorrow morning by the time the game gets over.

No comments: