7.01.2007

Sox day consists of little good, plenty of bad & ugly

Boston loses another frustrating game, while five players named to All Star team

The game just ended and once again I cannot believe what I just saw (sorry, Jack Buck.)

Boston played shoddy defense, left another eight men on base, and got good-but-not-good-enough starting pitching as they were defeated by an inferior pitcher and team for the umpteenth time this season.

I'm so sick and upset right now that I can't even do my usual recap of the game. I'm going to go pass a couple of hours by playing video games, maybe watch a movie, do some yardwork, anything other than think about the latest installment in a disturbing string of bewildering losses that have plagued this team in the last week.

Oh yeah, the good news: Manny, Papi, Beckett, Papelbon and Lowell all made the squad for the All Star game next week.

But with all these ridiculous losses lately, I don't think anybody really feels like celebrating right now.

More later...

No comments: